We’re spreading a bit of URL love this morning by giving anyone access to two very simple, yet very important tools we use.
The first tool we’re providing is our URL extractor tool and it is a beauty. All you have to do is enter a URL and you’ll be able to do things like:
- Scrape your own site quickly to grab URLs
- Grab URLs to build automated scripts based off iframes and embeds
- Get URLs to build an XML feed
- Absolutely anything else you’d need for looking after URLs really.
This comes in very handy if you were on a site like BBC News and quickly wanted the URLs for every image on the page and it’s ideal for people making data feeds too:
The second extraction tool we’ve made is a URL fetcher for Google, YouTube and RSS feeds. This tool can do things like:
- Grab the top 100 results Google has for any URL, keyword or phrase for you to download as a CSV
- See what the top 100 results are in different countries
- Grab all the URLs of YouTube videos associated with any URL or keyword.
- Find RSS feeds relevant to any term
So for example if you were looking for a downloadable list of RSS feeds for the ‘Scottish Referendum’ you’d end up with something like this:
It’s also a very easy way to get a quick list of your site’s indexed pages too and see just where you rank for a specific keyword without having to manually go through every SERP.
If you like the tools, let us know @BoydDigital.